Remote Variables are special variables, They are not set by any of the devices but takes values from third party systems.
You crate them by choosing mode – Remote
For now there are two types
- YouTube – as channel ID is unique ID from URL of the channel
- Subscriber variable – total amount of channel subscribers – if subscribers are bigger then 2147483647 it returns number of thousands of subscribers – since variable type is 32 signed int
- View count – total amount of views – if views are bigger then 2147483647 it returns number of thousands of views – since variable type is 32 signed int
- Weather API (based on https://openweathermap.org/ )
- It can show current weather or prediction based on the option you choose
- Returns stringx2 small integerx2
- Hour – in user timezone in chosen format
- description – Useful to draw icon
- CLEAR_SKY, FEW_CLOUDS, SCATTERED_CLOUDS, BROKEN_CLOUDS, SHOWER_RAIN, RAIN, THUNDERSTORM, SNOW, CLEAR_SKY_NIGHT, FEW_CLOUDS_NIGHT, SCATTERED_CLOUDS_NIGHT, BROKEN_CLOUDS_NIGHT, SHOWER_RAIN_NIGHT, RAIN_NIGHT, THUNDERSTORM_NIGHT, SNOW_NIGHT, UNKNOWN
RemoteVariables are refreshed once every 30min, or after click “Update All Remote” at variable tab, top right corner.
Need more Remote variables ?
feel free to contact me !