Before you start, read general information about variables first
Variable scheduler is mechanism which allows you to change variable state automatically at given time.
Variable to be scheduled has to be persistent – it means even if there is no observers at time of variable changed, the variable will be sent to them after they connect.
It supports two way of triggers:
- Single time change variable . In configuration you set exact amount of time for example 12.01.2019 08:12, and at this time variable will change to give value
- Cron expression – it means you can change your variable state at 06am at each Monday or every minute etc
First of all variable has to be set as scheduled :
When this option is on and after expanding configuration of scheduler is visible:
- Plus is for adding schedulers
Adding new scheduler
After clicking plus window for adding, New scheduler appears
- Variable will be changed periodically.
- Variable will be changed once.
- Cron expression – Its standard implementation of cron except second field which is always 0.
- Human readable cron expression – after you change cron expression description will be changed.
- You can choose example of cron expression.
- Values to set,
- The form of value is based on value type for example, Boolean is true or false.
- There are set of variables | separated, for example if specified 1|2|3 first variable will be changed to 1 then another call will be 2, then 3 and 1 again.
- Simulate click it to check to what values variable will be changed and when.
- Save scheduler.
Variable scheduler does not update your variable with second’s precision, the precision is about 1 minute so your variable can be set 15 second after hour you set to call.
You can have as many schedulers as you want. For example one scheduler can turn on relay at 18:00 each day and another turn off relay at 06:00 each day
After scheduler is created you can deactivate it, edit or remove it.
After variable is changed by scheduler all observing devices get notifications.